How to Enroll
Like all things at Vine, the enrollment process is highly customized to each student’s situation, but the following steps can be expected in most cases:
Everything starts with an information session. In this session, one or more parents will meet with a director at Vine. You can schedule one of our open sessions (found on our website’s calendar) or opt to schedule an individual session.
In an information session, we seek to:
- Get to know as much as possible about your child, including why he or she might benefit from our rigorous, customized education structure
- Answer as many of your questions about Vine as possible
- Share what a typical day at Vine looks like
- Take a tour of the school
After the information session, a few different steps may happen:
- If your child has special needs, we’re likely to ask that he or she receives a Neuropsychological evaluation
- If you’d like to talk to other Vine moms and dads, we’ll get the ball rolling in helping you connect with them
- We’ll offer additional material explaining specific aspects of Vine, such as our curriculum guides or articles specific to your child’s unique situation or learning style
- We’ll schedule a shadow day for your son or daughter
A shadow day is your child’s chance to check out Vine and our chance to get to know your child more personally. On a shadow day:
- Your child will observe or participate in classes, typically from 9:00-3:00.
- Our students will tell your child all about how classes work, how Vine is different, and their own experiences at Vine.
- Your child will be encouraged to ask as many questions as he or she likes while visiting.
- We may do some assessment in the areas of reading, math, and writing.
- We’ll be looking for signs of your child’s curiosity about learning and eagerness to play an active role in his or her education.
After the shadow day, Vine staff and parents will discuss how the child felt about the day. Our staff will also meet to discuss observations made about your child from our time with him or her, as well as how we feel he or she would fit into our learning community. If we believe that our school is a good match, we will reach out to you to offer your child a seat at Vine. If you accept, you’ll choose a start date and we’ll begin facilitating a smooth transition for your child into the Vine community.