Who Attends Vine?
Vine Academy is a school for students who are curious and excited to learn. It is a school for students who benefit from customized, engaging, and rigorous work days. Since we customize to each student, we accept and embrace students with a wide range of abilities.
About our students:
- Overall, the majority of our students are gifted. At Vine, we understand the needs and asynchronicities of the gifted child. We know the importance of stimulating these students intellectually, focusing on executive functioning weaknesses and providing challenge without creating unnecessary anxiety.
- Many of our students are twice exceptional: both gifted and having a disability, such as dyslexia or an executive functioning disorder. We teach to these students’ weaknesses and amazing abilities.
- Some of our students deal with anxiety and benefit from a smaller, more intimate environment. Anxiety is becoming unnervingly prevalent in today’s children; we can provide a rigorous academic environment without the high stress often found in traditional schools.
- Many of our students, whether gifted or not, needed more challenge than their traditional programs could provide. Parents chose us not because their children cannot succeed in a traditional environment but because they want to see their children thrive in the customized environment we offer.
- Additionally a number of our students benefit from more movement and flexibility in their day than the traditional school structure provides.
Who can’t attend Vine?
We do not accept students with severe behavioral needs, autism, or severe intellectual impairments.
Where do your graduates attend high school?
We have graduates thriving at Hinsdale Central, Nazareth Academy, Lyons Township, St. Ignatius, Benet Academy, and more! At Vine, we’re serious about helping our students develop vital skills they’ll need to flourish in whatever educational environment they face following their time with us.